My name is Mary, and I live in Southwest Louisiana. I'm twenty-two years old, and I don't make personal posts. This is my secondary blog, and my primary blog is fitforthesmokies.

So basically this blog is just everything that I like that isn't fitness-related.

URL not related. At all.

(Source: alex-illest)






last day to reblog

you now you want to.

Gonna have to wait a whole year if you miss this.


I hate that I do this

I wasn’t gonna reblog it, but then I had to because Evan complained about it

(Source: timberlakelove)

(Source: macchabee)


Hey, guys! I’m sure many of you have heard about the massive sweetheart of a ball python that I’ve been caring for since I brought her home in October; Demeter!

For those of you who haven’t heard about her, when I bought Demeter, I was assured that she was healthy and well cared for. Upon arriving at the location to pick her up, she was outside in 30 degree weather with no heat source or hides in a completely filthy tank. I couldn’t just leave her there, so I took her home anyways, even though I hadn’t been expecting or prepared to rescue a sick animal.

Upon arriving at home, we saw exactly how bad her condition was. She was breathing with her mouth open, and drooling everywhere. She was lethargic and whenever she moved she had to wheeze for breath. She was stuck in an awful shed and wouldn’t eat for us.

We scraped to make ends meet and have taken Demeter to two vets over the span of a few weeks, both of whom diagnosed her with a severe upper respiratory tract infection, and had two different medications prescribed, and she has received full treatments of both (separately, of course). The second and more recent treatment (Baytril and Excenel injections for two weeks) seemed to be working just fine, she stopped displaying most symptoms, began eating for us again and gaining weight and became more active, and we expected a full recovery.

Unfortunately, it does not seem like that is going to happen now.

Demeter began wheezing, every once and a while at first and easy to dismiss as the last lingerings of her infection that we were hoping would go away, but now she’s back to struggling to breathe when she moves, and she’s been starting to let out wet coughs again.

This is not a husbandry error. We have kept her temps and humidity at the levels recommended to us by vets and reptile enthusiasts alike, and under rigid watch to make sure that they do not fall or rise and hinder her progress.

I called the vet for a quote on an examination, culture test, and possible medications, and I am looking at around a $300 visit.

As of now, I have put about $300 into treating Demeter, which has put me into debt since I am unfortunately unemployed. I simply cannot afford to do anything else to help her right now, and I do not have the credit history necessary to use CareCredit, and that’s why I’m making this post.

I am here to ask the reptile community, and all of tumblr, for help.

I need to take Demeter in to see the vet again as soon as possible. I would like to run a culture test and get her on the best medication possible. I would like to kick this infection, and this time for good.

I am asking humbly for donations, whether it’s $5 or $50 or simply some kind words of encouragement, or reblogging this post so that others who might help can see it, anything you can help me with would be fantastic and I would be incredibly grateful.

My PayPal is if you would like to donate.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I am so incredibly sorry for clogging up your dash with this long post!




look at these fucking idiots oh my god 

(Source: gifak-net)


I’m about to cry

(Source: zipping)